Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pepper Permanto Begins: A Retrospective


One may say that it all began in Mexico. In the summer of 2009 I visited Mexico City and just a few days before returning home to Sweden I found myself walking down a crowded streetmarket where I bought several different dried chile pods. While I am still not completely sure what kind of chile I bought ( I am pretty sure of the name of some of them I brought these home and while being insecure of what to do with them I simply put them away on a shelf in a glass jar. Several months later, in March 2010, I somehow got stuck on the idea of planting the seed from the dried pods that I had saved and see what would happen. At the same time I bought more chile seeds from local garden shops as well as from the internet. All in all I planted some 35 different variants of chile which would eventually result in some 300 (!) seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment